Saturday, September 5, 2009

Sept. 6 :The Prices Here Are Great

There is a massage parlor behind our hotel, so three of us went to check it out last night. Of course, we'd heard great things from other classmates who already went. I'm not going to random massage parlors (don't worry, Mom). I got a 1.5 hour shoulder and foot massage for 68 RMB, which is about $10 US. What a deal! The guy found all the knots in my shoulders and back. The foot massage was heavenly and he even hit pressure points that gave me chills. The only downside is the bruises on my calves now from the extreme pressure he used. It was intense. More people are going over there today. I thought about going again, but I don't need more bruises.
Before the flight, I plan on doing a little more shopping at the market. I don't care if its not super quality. Its so cheap, the stuff can basically be disposable. I am so excited to be coming home; however, I'm not looking forward to the 16 hour plane ride. I just hope the plane is half full so I can sprawl out in a couple seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment